Family Friendly Workplace AwardOn October 26th, Methodist Hospital received the Family Friendly Award for "Work Environment and Scheduling" given by the Evansville Area Human Resources Association. Methodist competed against other companies with more than 750 employees. The judges were looking for company practices that made it easier for employees to balance their work and home life, and/or give employees an opportunity to make a difference at work.
Since the inception of the Family Friendly Awards Program in 2000, Methodist Hospital has been the recipient of eight (8) awards. This is the highest number of awards given to any hospital or healthcare organization in the service area.
The awards presented to Methodist Hospital by the Family Friendly Awards Program have covered the entire range of categories in which an organization can receive recognition. The awards are judged by a panel of independent judges from outside the service area. The nominees' identities are redacted from all applications and information reviewed by the judges.
Awards received by Methodist Hospital have included:
- 2001 Family Friendly Health and Benefits Programs Award
- 2001 Family Friendly Work Demographics Award
- 2001 Family Friendly Health and Family Programs Award
- 2001 Family Friendly Work Environment and Scheduling Award
- 2003 Family Friendly Work Environment and Scheduling Award
- 2003 Diversity Workplace Award
- 2004 Family Friendly Health and Benefits Program Awards
- 2006 Family Friendly Work Environment and Scheduling Award
Methodist was the only hospital in the area recognized this year. Thanks to all of you who support these programs and/or help make them available to our employees. Earning these awards was a team effort.